Monday, June 10, 2013

Eyes of the Heart Photo Projects: Receiving Images

Paintner writes, "Go on a contemplative walk that will also be a photographic journey....Ask for guidance and wisdom to see everyday things with the eyes of the heart....As you walk, be present to what is calling for your attention....Let your camera be a window into a new way of seeing. Receive the images that come." (Eyes of the Heart, p. 38-39)

I chose to walk around my apartment complex--so familiar and yet I don't often walk through it slowly enough to notice things. I am usually on my way somewhere (probably running late) or on my way home (probably exhausted). I discovered so many treasures today!



Finding room to grow in a hard place



It rained last night, so there were puddles everywhere


Doesn't look like anyone uses this door anymore!


Who knew home renovation trash could be beautiful!



This stovepipe extension (a plastic Coke bottle) had me laughing out loud!


Urban gardening



This bird is probably not angry anymore :o(

One of my very favorites of the day!

This stray dog did great posing for my photo shoot! He even took a few steps closer when I asked if I could take his picture!

One of these things is not like the other...

Are VWs really evil?

A flower in an unexpected place!

Butterfly? Fairy? Rabbit? I like it as a fairy.
All set for a rainy day on the run



I love that painted this ladder orange!
Urban gardener


Wasn't that fun?!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So fun how you are "beholding". - Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! My fave is the flower wheel...you should take Keturah on a.no.as.contemplaitive. Walk someday...she sees the world a lot like this. :) my mother.artist heart rejoices greatly in this...!

    ReplyDelete